IConceptual design is the first phase and the basis for the preliminary design. Conceptual design is the selection of the most favorable variants, which are chosen during the preparation of the conceptual design. The conceptual design represents the graphical concept or project task. The conceptual design comprises the following elements:
- basic data on the building in space
- basic information about the structure's size
- basic functional and organizational scheme of project
- basic features of landscape plan
- basic elements of design
- basic quantification elements (surfaces, volumes)
Preliminary design is an analysis of the substrates and conditions, harmonization of objectives, and drafting of project goals.
Developing a project strategy means including examining possible alternative solutions under the same conditions and presenting drawings and analysis.
Also it means clarification and interpretation of the relevant urban plans, design, functional, technical, building physics, energetics, biological and ecological relations, processes and conditions preliminary negotiations with local authorities and with other specialists involved in the design of the approval conditions are included.
Cost estimate. Summary of all results of planning phase are also a standard part of developing a project.
Main project includes implementation of the selected project solution (graphical development in phasis of the chosen solution), considering urban planning, design, functional, technical, construction-physical, economic, energy, biodiversity and environmental requirements, applying solutions from other specialists, until the final solution, and also integrating contributions made by other designers.
Parts of a main project are also:
- Description of the building with explanations of compliance with the special conditions of construction.
- Graphical presentation of the entire project, for example. Elaborated, complete preliminary design and / or main project, scale according to the type and volume.
- Negotiations with local authorities and other designers work about obtaining permits elaboration of the project to obtain the necessary permits or consents in accordance with general legislative regulations, with the application of project solutions of other project experts and necessary negotiations with the local authorities
- Cost calculation
- Cost control by comparison of the budget and cost estimates costs.
- The unification of all design.
- The final design witch contains a textual and graphical part.
- Textual part witch contains general data about investor, designer and structure (title, document of registration, location permit, project task, etc.) And descriptions of economic elements of the project (engineering description, technical norms and standards, et al.).
- Program for control and quality assurance
- Graphic part of the project containing necessary drawings (positional drawing, all floor plans, characteristic sections, front drafts, etc.).
For more significant or complex buildings architectural projects are supplemented with special graphic, which explains the project solutions. All parts of the final project must be mutually coordinated, and have to exist in a relation to other parts of the project documentation.
Building permit is submitting projects for permits and approval, by complementation and adjustment of the project description and project budget, which includes planning solutions of other profession designers.
Calculation of quantities
Calculation of quantities is a basis for creation of cost estimate descriptions.
Cost estimations of other professions included in designing with a description is listed by type and group, with general and special conditions for certain types of work, witch results with coordination of project specifications of other professions included in the design.